Nowadays every industry is turning towards digitalization. You can shop for clothes, books, groceries, household items, and even freshly cooked food online within a few minutes. If you own a business, it is important to have an online presence to let your customers know about it. Creating a website or registering on Google My Business is not sufficient. You must know the significance of having an inviting and pleasing website.
According to Sweor.com, 38% of users stop engaging if your website’s content or layout is not attractive. And nearly 39% of people won’t stay on the website if images take too long to load.
These statistics reveal that having a compelling website design is highly important. Thus, one should cross-check things present on the website after regular intervals to ensure everything runs smoothly. Your website’s layout or images themselves tells everything about your business right from product or services to credibility. The first impression of your website can make or break the deal, thus, it is essential to know different ways to make your site visually appealing and engaging.
Today you’ll get to know about the top 5 tips to help you design visually appealing websites and attract more users. The successful implementation of these tips can improve your website’s looks, traffic, and increase brand trust level and reputation. So, let’s unlock the treasure of the top 5 secrets that you should not miss at all:
The homepage of your website should immediately communicate your central message. As no one actually read every word on a webpage. Instead, we scan the page fast, highlighting essential words, headlines, and images. It’s best to focus on emotions rather than word count with these established habits in mind. Here are some points to remember when designing a home page:
- You should keep the important content in the heading so that visitors can understand what your website is all about.
- Provide a spacious and well-balanced feel by adding white spaces in between the elements in an orderly manner.
- Do not forget to add a call-to-action button. This helps the visitors contact you easily without having to navigate across the site.
- Showcase your services and portfolio to let clients know your expertise and ways by which you can help them.
Hierarchy is a design principle that helps in presenting content in a precise and effective manner. You’ll be able to direct site users’ attention to various page elements in order of importance, starting with the most important one, if you apply hierarchy correctly. Here are some major components to consider while planning the visual hierarchy:
- Prioritize youtube assets and them visually more prominent by increasing their size or making them bold.
- Place elements on the web pages wisely. Use the right structure or layout to showcase elements in the right order to keep your users engaged.
Nothing is more aesthetically appealing than high-definition images. People scroll down the webpage and if there are no images or low-quality images, it takes a second for them to switch to other sites. If you are not an expert graphic designer, don’ worry, you can simply use blur background images to highlight your focus element or text. Your images should reflect the message that you want to convey through your content.
- Always choose images that have high resolution and visually pleasing colors.
- You can add a featured image or video that reflects your company’s culture and values.
- You can use spring background pictures or those with texture/gradient to add some beauty and contrast to your web pages.
Readability is the metric that is used to measure the easiness of recognizing the words, sentences, or paragraphs on the web page. When your website’s readability is high, it means users can scan and read text effortlessly. You can increase your site’s readability by:
- It is important to choose the colors strategically and thoughtfully as the colors of your brand will be used to display the text. Thus, it is necessary that you avoid choosing lighter colors to represent your brand.
- Proper contrast between the text color and background color is necessary to add a professional look to your website.
- The small font size of the text can make it difficult for readers to read the content. Thus, it is necessary to keep the font size normal or large depending on the layout of your web page.
- Nowadays you’ll see thousands of types of fonts available on the internet. It is hard to choose different fonts that are readable and look professional. Thus, it is always advised to work with three or four fonts only.
You may have the habit of adding your creativity and making everything extraorniary but website navigation is not the right place. After all, you want your visitors to be able to quickly locate the information they require. Furthermore, a site with good navigation is also SEO-friendly, and thus search engines index your content quickly, which improves the user experience.
- You should link your logo to the home page of your website as it saves their time from making some extra clicks.
- Whichever type of menu you want to add to your site, make sure it is easy to find and prominent.
- Your website footer should be optimized and you can do so by adding all the important links and social media icons.
The last tip for making your website visually appealing is to keep all web pages simple and remove clutter from them. Another way to attract users is by showcasing offers or deals using simple and attractive spring background images as done by big brands such as Myntra, Amazon, etc. Now that you know what to do, start evaluating your website and add things that are missing. So, get ready to attract traffic and improve your online brand reputation.