No doubt, QuickBooks has become one of the best financial accounting software. It is specially developed for small and medium business owners across the world. From finance management to accounting this software is packed with incredible features. But even after so many tools and helping features, QuickBooks at times shows certain glitches.
Recently, many users have reported that they are encountering QuickBooks error 6177. When this error takes place, an error code message pops up on the window screen reading “Quickbooks trying to open this company file”. It indicates that Quickbooks is failing to use the path to your company file. It obstructs you from accessing the company file on which crucial information is stored.
We have come with this informative article to explain to you the reasons, symptoms, and fixing methods using Quickbooks File Doctor, Quickbooks Database Server Manager.
Causes of Quickbooks Error 6177
Before we read how to fix the error, it is crucial to know the exact causes of the error in order to prevent this issue to take place in the future.
- One of the major reasons behind Quickbooks Error 6177 is QBs desktop fails to use the path to open your company file.
- Virus in QuickBooks files.
- An incomplete or damaged download can also cause Quickbooks Error 6177.
- System files have been deleted accidentally that are associated with QuickBooks, leading to this error.
- Moving your company file from one workstation to another.
Repairing QuickBooks Error 6177 Permanently By Using Three Solutions
Solution 1: Using Quickbooks File Doctor
- First of all, reach out to Intuit website.
- Download Quickbooks File Doctor.
- (If your system has old QBs then uninstall and reinstall it).
- After you complete the downloading process, tap twice on the QBFD.EXE file. After that follow the instructions popping on the screen for installing the Quickbooks File Doctor.
- After installing, the repairing tool will open on its own, or you can click on the Green Icon present at the Taskbar Windows.
- Find the company file or tap on Browse to search it manually.
- Tap on Check file Damage Only first and then choose Diagnose File option. (Pick Check your File and Network Connectivity tab if you have a corrupt/broken company file. Choose “Network” if you’re using QuickBooks via multi-user mode.)
- Fill in “Admin Password” in the QBs company file and tap on “Next.”
- The window will prompt you to select between the Host/Server or Computer. Pick the Workstation Icon if you need to run QuickBooks File Doctor in a system other than an active server computer.
- Tap on the “Server” if the repairing tool is functioning on the server.
- Tap on “Yes” if the repairing tool is running on the workstation hosting the Quickbooks company file, otherwise choose “No.”
- Now, the Quickbooks File Doctor will begin to fix your files for which it will take a few minutes only.
- After finishing the repairing process successfully, you can open the file directly from the tool and If you have installed multiple QB versions you will be given options of Software version to open your repaired file.
- After that, close the repair tool.
Solution 2: Configuring Quickbooks Database Server manager
You can manually fix the file path by the configuration of “Quickbooks Database Server Manager.”
- Find the location where you have stored the company files and close QuickBooks.
- Delete the (.nd) file and close the QBs desktop.
Open that folder containing the company file.
Find an .ND file extension which looks similar to MyCompanyFile.QBW.ND.
Tap right on .ND file and choose “Delete.”
- Configure “QuickBooks Database Server Manager.”
- Tap on “Start”.
- Select the “Programs” then reach out to QuickBooks >> QuickBooks database server manager.
- Tap on “Add Folder.”
- Find the folder having QuickBooks company file.
- Tap on “OK.”
- Select “Scan.” (Now the company files will show a list having all company files that are being hosted by the QuickBooks database server manager.)
- After the scanning process is concluded, click on “Close.”
- Check permission access of Company file in the Windows
- Reach out to the Set-up permissions folder to share the web page of company files to see that permissions are set up properly.
- If the complete application is installed:
- Switch hosting “On then off.”
- Open your company file via local path.
- Create a fresh folder.
This is how you can use QuickBooks Database Server Manager to fix Quickbooks Error 6177.
Solution 3: Move Your Company File To a Separate Location or Folder
If you need more solutions other than Quickbooks File Doctor and Quickbooks Database Server Manager. Then you can move your company file to a separate location and then shift it again to the original folder.
- Search the folder containing Quickbooks company file using File Explorer.
- Note down the name as well the drive location.
- Copy the company file and hold Ctrl + V to paste it on the local C: drive.
- Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager in order to scan the company file. (only if you’re on the workstation.)
- Make a portable company file.
- Move that file you had created to the actual/original drive.
- Check if this solution is fixed the Quickbooks Error 6177.
By now, you must’ve repaired the error using these proven methods.
Hopefully, this post contains all information about Quickbooks Error 6177 and ways to fix it using Quickbooks File Doctor, Quickbooks Database Server manager, and more methods.
Make sure to download both tools from the authentic Inuit website to prevent any damage or corruption.
We hope that these solutions helped you fix the error on your own. In case of more help, you can contact Quickbooks Customer Support team anytime. The professionals are available 24×7 to help you get rid of your problems.