Gmail provides to users multiple mailboxes, and Archive is one of the stores that hold less important mails. In other words, Archive is used as a vault where you can store your less valuable emails from Gmail Inbox. The messages are still in Gmail, but they are in Inbox; users can view them in the Archive folder
But, we will suggest to you a better method than just Archive all Gmail emails by Archive Gmail to the hard drive. Saving your Gmail messages locally is the best way to protect your Gmail. It is a better technique to save unnecessary emails to the local computer.
But, the question arises how I do Archive to Gmail to hard drive. We will discuss the all effective method to save your Gmail data on a Hard drive.
How I do Archive to Gmail to hard drive successfully
Here, we are going to discuss two effective ways to Download Gmail emails to Hard drive. Both two methods have their advantages and disadvantages. So, you need to carefully implement strategies. Now, let us know about techniques of Archive Gmail emails to Hard drive.
Method 1: Archive Gmail Emails as PDF Files
This is a traditional method that can export Gmail emails to PDF. Let’s see how to I Archive to Gmail to hard drive
- You need to log in your Gmail account and open the email that you want to save.
- Then, print all options given that view in the top-right corner of the Gmail account windows.
- After clicking on Print all opportunities, you can see a pop-up window will appear on the screen.
- You can select the settings to print the document according to your requirement.
- Then, click on the Save button.
- Now, you can see Gmail archived email will be saved on that location you choose on the computer.
Method 2: Archive all Gmail Messages using Google Takeout
By using the Google Takeout, once archive Gmail messages to the hard drive when you need to follow these steps to better output:
- Just login to Google Account and select Data & personalization from the left corner of the screen.
- Then, scroll down and move on to download your data section.
- Now, you can select the data according to your requirement.
- Go to the Mail section, and you can see all the emails in MBOX format. Choose the desired Gmail message that you want to archive.
- Then, scroll down to press the Next Step button.
- In this window, move down the menu bar and tap on send download link through the email option.
- You can select the desired file type and file size.
- Tap on the create archive option.
- Then, you receive a message in your Gmail account that your emails are archived.
Note: When the Archive has been successfully created, you will get a single folder containing all selected Gmail messages. This is a pretty lengthy process for How I do Archive to Gmail to a hard drive.
Drawbacks of the above methods
- No option available to Archive particular Gmail mailboxes
- Archive Gmail email in just MBOX format.
- It is a high time taking process.
- Downloading archive emails may be corrupt due to an internet connection.
We will discuss the two techniques of Archive Gmail emails to Hard drive. Both are good in use, but they have many limitations that can’t provide the best output. All drawbacks we already discussed in the above section. But, don’t worry, and If you want to get detailed information about Copy Gmail emails to hard drive, you can read the informative article “Backup Gmail Emails to Hard Drive”. This blog provides you with detailed and quick information that is safe and secure to implement for best results.