Your concern is about the factory reset process for the new WiFi extender. Aren’t they? Let us tell you that all custom settings created by you that include login credentials (username and password), network name (SSID), and security settings are removed by a factory reset method.
When you fail to recover your new extender’s admin name and password, the reset process of the new WiFi range extender is essential.
- You must reset your new extender setup:
- Verify that your new Wireless Range Extender power light is on.
- Find the reset button on your range extender after that.
- Use any thin item, such as a pin or paper clip.
- Once the power LED on your computer begins blinking, release the button.
- Congratulations! now your extender is reset.
- Troubleshooting of new Extenders
- How to power-cycle a network at home?
- How can I find a network password for my new Extender?
- How do I get rid of this wireless irregular connection?
- Where should I put my WiFi range extender?
- When would an internet connection be dropped on my new range extender?
- How is it possible to restore its settings?
- Share this:
- Like this:
Troubleshooting of new Extenders
How to power-cycle a network at home?
If you are facing problems in the setup process of the new extender or accessing the mywifiext or extender.linksys.com login page, it will enable you to solve those problems by performing a full power cycle process of your entire network.
Please switch your networking devices (all) off and then turn them back on again after 5-7 minutes in order to power-cycle your home WiFi network.
In addition, power-cycling your home network could help you solve the following problems:
- The Internet can be accessed on any laptop.
- On your WiFi router or gateway, your internet connection will soon be created.
- You can go online at any time.
- And all over your home, you will be able to experience constant and uninterrupted Internet speed.
How can I find a network password for my new Extender?
- Get a laptop or computer.
- Link your range extender to it.
- Pull up a tab for the Internet.
- In the address bar, select www.mywifiext.net.
- Using the user name and password to login.
- Tick Setup > Wireless.
- Follow the instructions on-screen.
How do I get rid of this wireless irregular connection?
- Make sure your extender is connected to the power adapter properly.
- Also, ensure that it is plugged in properly.
- Make sure that the new extender is mounted inside your WiFi router’s wireless/WiFi range.
- Your client computer must be correctly wired to the WiFi network of the extender.
- Open the GUI (graphical user interface) of the extender using mywifiext.net.
- Please include your email address or username and password when asked.
Check whether or not your range extender has the new firmware update. Upgrade it to the new version if it doesn’t.
Note: It is necessary to update the firmware of the new extender in due course. In reality, new firmware fixes bugs, adds new beneficial features, and also protects you against security vulnerabilities.
Where should I put my WiFi range extender?
Half-way between your current wireless router and your device or laptop is the ideal place to place your range extender.
On the other hand, in order to calculate the relation between your wireless router and the range extender, you can check the color of the Link Rate symbol on the extender.
When there is a clear line of sight between the router and the extender and a clear line of sight between your new Extender and the device or laptop you are using the best internet connection is built.
If a thick wall, metal appliance or electronic device obstructs this straight path, then switch your extender to a different place. But between the computer/laptop and the router, the position you select must be half-way.
Move the new unit closer to your monitor or laptop if there is no power source nearby, or you choose to position your range extender elsewhere.
Also, keep this thing in mind, if the Link Rate LED is green or blinking amber and the PC is solid green to the new Extender Connection LED, then it means your range extender works fine as planned.
When would an internet connection be dropped on my new range extender?
As a matter of fact, for an internet connection, your new extender relies on the current WiFi router or the access point (AP). Your range e
xtender loses access to the internet if:
- The Internet connection is lost on your wireless router or AP (access point).
- You’ve changed the wireless/WiFi settings on your router or AP.
- The router’s WiFi/Internet signals do not hit the new Extender.
- Your new extender is out of the current WiFi router’s range.
The extender configuration must keep your current router and the new extender closer to each other for new WiFi. During the initial setup process, they must be plugged into the same space.
How is it possible to restore its settings?
- Go to the tab for Other Settings’.
- Please click on ‘Browse’ under the ‘Restore’ option.
- Navigate to the spot where you save the backup after that.
- Pick it and click on the button ‘Restore’.
The Restore Extender Confirmation page
Click Yes and your extender uploads the backup file and restarts your new extender as well.