Your facial skin goes through many attacks from outside as well as inside. Dust, UV rays, and pollution make your facial skin dull as an external result, and the clogged pores make your facial skin dry internally, leaving behind scars and causing acne.
A face scrub is your exfoliation expert that helps in preventing your facial skin from damages such as clogged pores, acne scars, blackheads, dark circles, and dryness & dullness.
To give you a complete understanding of face scrub to remove dead skin cells, let’s go through the points one by one:
In simple words, a face scrub is your exfoliation expert. The process of removing dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin is what a face scrub does. Clearing out the clogged pores, making space for clear and fresh skin.
Those who are known to face scrub can distinguish between the properties of face scrub and a face wash. But those who are not aware of the fact, well guys, a face scrub is not just another face wash.
A face wash is something that removes dirt and impurities from your face, but on the other hand, a face scrub makes sure the clogged pores of your facial skin are cleaned completely so that it further doesn’t create facial issues such as acne and blackheads.
When it comes to knowing why you need a face scrub you should know that no other face product gives your facial skin deep cleansing as a face scrub does.
The reason behind using a face scrub is simple, to get the natural glow that your face has but which is hidden underneath the dead skin cells.
If not treated timely, the dead skin cells will lead to face impurities such as blackheads, acne, dark circles, and dullness. A face scrub helps in curing the dead skin cells because it works from the innermost layer of your facial skin.
There are minimal facial products in the market that could give your skin the exact glow it had years ago, all you need to do is find yourself the perfect fit for a face scrub.
Moving forwards, we will be discussing the dos and don’ts of exfoliation.
- Before cleaning your face with a face scrub do use a face wash,
- After using a face scrub, do apply a moisturizer
- Focus on your face’s T-zone (Forehead, Nose, Lips)
- Don’t scrub your face for more than 45 seconds
- Don’t scrub your face every day, twice a week would work.
- If you are facing a pimple problem or burn, avoid scrubbing your face.
- Removes acne scars
- Helps in curing dead skin cells
- Unclogs the facial skin pores
- Provides even skin tone
- Provides smoother skin
Now that you have gained the knowledge of every little detail regarding a face scrub, there are some helpful homemade face scrubs that you can DIY.
- Coffee Face Scrub: Ground coffee helps in removing dead skin cells, dry and dull skin. As caffeine in coffee improves blood circulation, it makes a homemade coffee face scrub a great pick.
How to make: Take two tablespoons of grounded coffee, one tablespoon of normal sugar, and one teaspoon of olive oil. Mix it all in a blow and apply it gently on your face. Massage for no more than 45 seconds and then rinse it off.
Alternatively, take three tablespoons of grounded coffee, mix it with yogurt, or if you have dry skin, mix it with milk and after blending it, add one tablespoon of honey.
- Oatmeal Face Scrub: Oatmeal is a whole food, and is also a great fit for skincare needs. Oats are antioxidants, and they can soak excess oil from the skin, also preventing acne.
How to make: In a bowl, add one-one tablespoons of olive oil and whole milk. To this, add two tablespoons of oats. Let it soak for a while and then add a few drops of rose water. Afterwards, you know what to do.
- Almonds and Honey Face Scrub: Almonds are enriched with Vitamin E and have antioxidant properties. On the other hand, honey is a great skin moisturizer. The combination of these two will help your facial skin glow naturally and will remove skin impurities.
How to make: In a bowl take 1/4th cup of grounded almond, add four tablespoons of honey, one tablespoon of jojoba oil, and a few drops of peppermint essential oil (optional), once mixed completely apply it on your face, giving it a deep massage.
- Walnuts Face Scrub: Walnuts are filled with the goodness of Omega3 fatty acids that are beneficial for facial skin. They provide glow to the facial skin by treating the dull and dead skin cells.
How to make: Grind two-three walnuts into a fine powder, then transfer it to a bowl and add a few spoons of yogurt and honey. Once mixed completely, apply it on your face and rinse after 45 to 50 seconds.
Now, as we are moving forward, and we know what types of face scrub you can create at home, let’s look forward to what skin type you have and what ingredients will be helpful in your homemade face scrubs.
If you wish to make;
- Homemade face scrub for blackheads, make sure to use lemon, honey, and sugar.
- Homemade face scrub for oily skin, your key ingredient is oatmeal.
- Homemade face scrub for dry skin, prefer using coconut oil, and lemon.
- Homemade face scrub for glowing skin, Multani Mitti, and Aloe Vera will be best suited.