One of the best types of content that you must share on social media platforms is video. Video content engages for more people and also summarizes complicated content into a short and interactive one.
As we all know, YouTube is the biggest platform for sharing video content, and all brands should make use of it. It is the second largest search engine, and people search tutorials, how-to-videos, and inspirational talks, reviews of products, and so on YouTube.
As a brand, you need to advertise your products on YouTube, and if you can, even starting a YouTube channel can benefit your brand. Here are some statistics that will make you realize the importance of YouTube more:
- YouTube has over 1.9 billion logged-in users every month
- By 2025, most viewers above 32 will watch videos on online platforms like YouTube instead of live-TV
- YouTube reaches the audience in 80 languages, which covers 95% of the entire population
- As of 2019, people spend more than 1 billion hours on YouTube watching a video.
- 62% of businesses are using YouTube to share content amongst their target audience.
Now, that we know the importance of YouTube, it is time to make this a part of our marketing strategy. To do that, you need to read the following.
1. Your titles need to be compelling
Your video can be the best and most engaging of all videos on the platform, but if you don’t have a compelling title, no one would click on it.
Use these tips to write compelling titles:
- Write correct keywords as they tell Google crawlers what the video is all about. Also, when you use the right keywords, people know what to expect from the video while clicking on it.
- Keep the title short, the limit is 60. But make sure that you don’t use the whole limit. The title needs to be short that the user can see in a glance.
- Click-bait is great, but if your title is entirely different or confusing making users guess what the video is about, then it is not worth it.
The title should convey how your video will help the audience.
2. Research, research and research
You must do research before making any strategy for YouTube. If you are looking to engage your customers, you need to make sure that you create a video that they would like to watch.
So, research your target audience and understand what types of videos they want to watch or what problems they are facing that you can help with. It is the first step for creating a marketing strategy for YouTube.
3. Video thumbnails has to be effective
If you want people to click on your videos instantly, you need to use the right thumbnail. Here are some tips:
- Make sure that the thumbnail is relevant to the content of the video
- The thumbnail should tell a story to your audience. You can use a relevant and high-quality image, and add text on it to make it more appealing and descriptive.
- Use custom thumbnails sizes so that it doesn’t look blurry. The standard size is 1280×720 or 1920×1080
- Make human faces to show emotions, they attract a lot of users
You can use Canva to design and edit thumbnails.
4. Make sure that your content is creative
People are watching a video instead of a blog because they are supposed to be more interactive and explanatory. But if your content is dull and boring, no one will see it.
For instance, if a user wants to learn how to clean their iPhone, they will watch your video only if you make it explanatory, appealing, and interesting.
For a business, the main aim of advertising on YouTube is to drive traffic to their website or app. So, don’t forget to add a link to the page/site or app to your description box or add an annotation.
6. Make 5-minute videos
Five minutes are enough to explain or entertain or market your product. If you want to create a longer video, make sure you are not repeating yourself or making it dull. People need a reason to watch your video, especially if they are big. So, the time duration is something you should watch and create high-quality videos. Also, use a good editing tool like FCP or Adobe Premiere.
Keep in mind that video content can have more impact on people, and YouTube is the best platform to share videos about your brand.