AOL mail is a globally known email application that is being used by more than a million customers. You can use the AOL mail for personal as well as professional use. To start with it, the first thing you need to do is to create your account by visiting the AOL website and clicking the register button. You will have to fill-up the form with the asked details, set up a password, and it’s done.
For AOL account login, what you will need is to type the registered email address and password. Click the Sign in button, and you can get into your account. At any point, if you forget your AOL password or type an incorrect one at the time of log in, then you won’t be able to access your account. The only solution to this problem is to perform the AOL password reset process to set up a new password for your account. Check out the information given below to know how you can reset AOL password:
AOL password reset via registered email ID or phone number
You can reset your AOL password through the email address or phone number registered with your AOL account. Here are the instructions:
Reset AOL password using your registered email address
- Go to mail.aol.com
- Hit the Trouble Signing in link
- Enter your registered email address
- Click Continue
- AOL will send you an AOL password reset code
- Find that email by logging in to your email account
- Get the code and use it at the AOL password reset page to set a new password
Reset AOL password using your registered phone number
- Open the link mail.aol.com in any of the web browsers
- Click Trouble Signing in link on the sign in form
- Enter the phone number registered with your AOL account
- Click Continue to receive the AOL password reset code as an SMS
- Get the code and use it to set up a new password for your AOL mail account
AOL password reset via recovery email ID or phone number
This option is valid only if you have added recovery email address or phone number at the time of sign up or later by changing the Account Settings. Now, follow these instructions to set up a new AOL mail login password:
Reset AOL password using the recovery email address
- Open any web browser, and enter mail.login.com
- You will see the AOL mail login page
- Right below to the email and password text boxes, you will see a Trouble Signing in link
- Click it
- On the next page, enter your recovery email address
- Click Continue, and AOL will send you an AOL password reset code
- Now, access your recovery email ID
- After logging in, find an email (usually the recent one) with the title “AOL password reset”
- Open the email, and you will see the code
- Copy the code and then go back to the AOL password reset page
- Paste the code correctly
- Now, you will be asked to enter the new password
- Make sure it is strong enough to maintain the security of your AOL account
- Type the new password once again to confirm
- Click the Save or Submit button
Now, you can access your AOL account using this new password with your existing email address.
Reset AOL password using the recovery phone number
- Open the AOL mail login page
- Click Trouble Signing in
- On the next page, enter your recovery phone number
- Click Continue, and you will get the AOL password reset code as an SMS
- Use this code, and set up a new password for your account
- You will have to type the password twice to confirm
Tips for setting up a secure password
To hoodwink the hackers and ditch those who want to access your account without your permission, it is mandatory to set a strong password for your account. Here are some of the tips that can help you maintain the security of your AOL account:
- Choose unique and longer passwords. Passwords such as 123456 or abcdef are easy to guess. Similarly, if you keep your date of birth or your own name as a password, then it can be compromised easily.
- Don’t keep one password for all your accounts because if someone hacks your one account, there will be a possibility that he/she can also hack your other accounts
- When it comes to passwords, sharing is not caring.
- Be a little more cautious when you access your AOL account at public places such as cyber café as you never know they might have installed any software on their devices to access and store your confidential information.
- Always create unique and new passwords as recycling the old one might leave your AOL account vulnerable to the cybercrooks.
- Change your password after a certain time. This increases your account security and minimizes the chance of hacking.
For further information on how to change AOL password, how to reset AOL password, and other AOL related topics, contact the AOL customer support team. The best part of contacting a support professional is that you will be provided assured fix in the first call only.