The technical reasoning of traffic-related problems and safety issues about specific development is known as the Traffic Impact Assessment of TIA. This valuable tool helps to identify whether a definite development project will create an impact on the efficiency and safety of adjacent roads. The report shows the route to probe and develop traffic management plans that will aid to eliminate traffic congestion. It comprises not only of traffic impacts, like road network efficiency and safety but also traffic impact on all road users, including cyclists and public transport users as well. It creates an impact both on the physical and operation of transport infrastructure.
Chief Objective of Traffic Impact Assessment
This technical tool is also a crucial part of the Statement of Environmental Effects, which condition to be included in the Development Application. Its main aim is to enable the state government and council taking decisions regards to the approval of development on several conditions that might warrant the council to refuse the application. A well-maintained traffic impact categorization will help the developer to accomplish the following-
- It will help to determine improvements required to provide the planned development
- It will forecast the impact of traffic developed on accepted practices
- It will aid in fund allotment more efficiently
- It will examine the location, number, and access points design
- It will connect the decision of land usage with traffic conditions
- It will update data related to traffic
- It will consider the required roadway updates
- It will offer a basis to regulate the responsibilities of developers to specific off-site updates
Ahead of the approval of development, subdivision, area structure plan, or other aspects of the proposed subdivision, it is mandatory to complete TIA. The following tips will help developers to better understand the expectations and requirements of the industry regarding traffic impacts assessment.
Mandatory Documents for Submission
According to the development application, the report needs to be submitted attached to any associated traffic modeling files to the council. It will help to properly assess the traffic impact assessment. The following are the mandatory documents needed to be submitted include:
- The details of the development
- The existing status of transportation
- The traffic phase summary table
- The tools used to evaluate traffic generation
- The impact of traffic on public transport
- The factors involved in the safety of traffic
- The impact of traffic on cyclist and pedestrian
- The distribution of traffic across the location and figures of associated traffic
- A detailing of planned construction work
- An inter-related assessment results, which comprises of intersection layouts, traffic volume, signal phasing date, as well as details of other traffic infrastructural works needed to mitigate development.
Therefore, it is complex to prepare a report on the traffic impact assessment. For which you need to appoint professional assistance to determine the importance of the project and requirements for an in-depth report. In case you are in search of traffic impact scope, your project should have the potency to generate additional traffic. As it is a suitable means to abide by the development application in the professionalism of expert traffic engineers.