Since 2015, more than 650 million individuals have found themselves the victim of cybercrime. And no one can deny that it has actually been growing significantly year after year. Staying safe online has never been more challenging and even large brands like Apple, Yahoo and Facebook are fighting security problems.
Many people use to think that they can avoid potential cyber threats by taking care that they don’t visit certain websites or download certain files. But the truth is viruses and malware can make their own way onto your computer and other gadgets in a number of ways; such as simply browsing the web, checking your email, or from putting a USB memory stick into your laptop.
Therefore, it’s clearly more important than ever to ensure that your gadgets are afforded the protection of the best antivirus available out there and luckily for you, there are hundreds of choices of top antivirus software available in the market – each with its pros and cons. So, take out a few minutes to choose the
Best antivirus software from the below-mentioned top 3 antiviruses:
1.Bitdefender Antivirus: Bitdefender has good enough malware-detection scores and a very light system performance impact during scans. It also offers the most value for money, with a secure browser, a Wi-Fi network scanner, a file shredder, an unlimited password manager and provides your system a top-notch protection.
- Excellent antivirus engine
- Good value for money
- Small performance penalty
- Fast scans
- Malware protection not quite perfect
- Not the best in terms of resource usage
2. Norton Antivirus: Norton offers top-quality virus definitions and has the least impact on the performance of a PC compared to rival security suites. It also includes features such as top-notch browsing protection, PC maintenance utilities, an intelligent firewall, and a bundled backup tool with 2GB of online storage.
- Excellent malware protection
- Minimal impact on PC resources
- LifeLock identity protection with top tiers and
- Highly impressive browsing protection
- Anti-ransomware works – but could be improved
- Heavy slowdown during full scans and
3. Kaspersky Anti-Virus: In the midrange packages Kaspersky Anti-Virus has dedicated ransomware protection, decent parental controls, a secure browser, and anti-theft protection for laptops and webcams protection, etc. It also includes software for Android, macOS, and iOS.
- Nearly perfect malware protection
- Fast scans
- Excellent antivirus engine
- Two-factor authentication for online account
- Heavy system impact during full scans
- Not strong on extra features
1. Trend Micro Maximum Security:
Trend Micro is another decent option when it comes to an antivirus that can fight with day-to-day security threats. It is not only an anti-virus program but works very well against malware. It comes with a very secure web-browser that can make your browsing experience a lot safer. It also consists of various top-notch features such as Parental Controls, a system optimizer, and a file shredder. But there is no availability of highly advanced features such as cloud storage, VPN service or backup software. However, it works amazingly, even against the most advanced virus or malware.
- Optimum malware protection
- User-friendly Interface
- Very potent defense against security threats
- It includes folder Shield anti-ransomware monitoring
- It includes a Password manager
- Cannot be configured on a large variety of devices
- Cause damage to your system resources.
- It causes heavy performance hit during scans
- Very few additional features
Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus:
When you need a feather-light antivirus program, you must go for Webroot antivirus protection. It is not only easy to install but very easy to use too. It takes hardly a few seconds to complete the installation. Also, it uses only 15 MB on your hard disk. The virus definition of Webroot is primarily stored in the cloud. Webroot is quite impressive due to its extremely useful features. It is loaded with plenty of useful things, so in case you are looking for an option that fits in your budget and acts as a savior to your device, Webroot is what you must try.
- A lightweight antivirus program
- It includes identity protection.
- Real-time anti-phishing mechanism
- It has an in-built firewall monitor
- It has an appealing range of features
- Very fast program
- It has very Limited testing data
These are the few other options available in the market that you can try but these five are the best in the market. But there are a few things that you must need to consider while purchasing an antivirus. Some of those are:
- Make sure it fits in your budget
- There should be efficient features available
- It should not consume too much of system resources
- It must be user-friendly.
- There should be a secure browser available.