Mobile apps will the most popular way for global consumer spending and we have figures to support the statement. The IHS market predicts that around 6 billion smartphones will be in circulation by 2020. This means that there will be a high growth of apps in the coming days.
Well, there are plenty of operating systems on which the mobiles run and the most popular ones are the Android. As they are affordable, android is the most popular OS in the world. So, almost every app runs on Android and has crossed millions in terms of its users.
The apps which are developed need to be compatible with all types of OS
This will create demand in the Android App Development sector, which will be acknowledged by the developers and the app development companies.
But there is something which the people related to the app development industry has to fulfil at any cost. If you need mobile app then for security and high-quality app you can consult with Hridik IT Consulting services. It is the security of the user of apps. No one likes to get their security compromised and this has made the users vigilant about the security of their device.
This is the most important aspect for any kind of android app development which they need to overcome. There are other aspects too which the developers need to check such as compatibility, performance, functionality but the most important remains security.
We here discuss top 7 security measures which every related to android app development industry should know
- 1. Encrypted File System Is Recommended
- 2. Reduce the Number of Permissions on App Request
- 3. Be Very Careful While Using Network Transactions
- 4. The Native Code Has to Be Secured
- 5. Strong Input Validations
- 6. Never Store Strong and Sensitive Information on The External Storage
- 7. Strong Registration and Activation Process
- What can hackers do the Android apps that are built with the security measures
- Further tips to secure and check Android app measures
- Share this:
- Like this:
1. Encrypted File System Is Recommended
Encrypted or coded programs are the best way to protect the data of the users. The personal information and details are safe and secured with encrypting programs or file systems. It also ensures that a user cannot have access to another user if they are on the same app.
So, Android apps need to follow the encryption method to achieve data security.
2. Reduce the Number of Permissions on App Request
It is very common for Android apps to request permission for accessing system features. They end up asking permission for almost everything which can be from the camera, internet, sensitive data of the users like SMS’s and even contact details.
These apps ask permission as they want the users to know that they have admittance to their information. But too much asking for permission dilutes the effect and the user can randomly click ok to sensitive data as well.
This can compromise the security of the user and can dilute the security of the user. To avoid such issues where the user can randomly click on all the permissions, try to reduce the approvals. Do not ask for the obvious permissions and let the attention of the users remain on the important information.
3. Be Very Careful While Using Network Transactions
Use IP networking and telephone networking to reduce breaches of trust from the other unauthorized network transactions. Handling user data diligently is the best way to save user data and information.
4. The Native Code Has to Be Secured
A native code when used can read from the files which are mostly received over the network, read from the files or received from an IPC. It is exposed to grave security issues like buffer overflows, off-by-one error and use after free. To avoid such instances, developers are advised, to use the Android SDK for application development. This has to be done in place of rather the Android NDK.
Ensuring the security of the users has to be a priority for Android app developers. They need to build security checks into their systems, operatives, and workflows. To add more to the security aspect, they have to keep in touch with all the latest releases and the impact on security.
5. Strong Input Validations
It avoids any improperly formed data from entering the information system. The Strong input validation is compulsory for the security of an application, and it does not vary on the platform it is operated on.
It is actually a practice of testing any input which is being supplied by an application or user to avoid any security lapses from the particular app.
6. Never Store Strong and Sensitive Information on The External Storage
External storage system like SD storage can be read and are writable all over the world. So, storing highly sensitive data on external storage is pretty risky. Useful and important data has to be stored on the android device which is much safer and avoid any loss which results in a breach of data.
But sometimes it is necessary to for anapp to recover or regain files from external storage which can pose threat the security. To tackle this, it should be cryptographically verified and signed before loading of the app.
7. Strong Registration and Activation Process
This is what the Android app developers need to make sure for the activation and registration process. After they have submitted the complete program, they have to go through a number of steps between the last build and the first download.
This they need to take care of as failing it might pose a serious to the user of the app.
What can hackers do the Android apps that are built with the security measures
- They can steal the screen lock passcodes and break into the device. They can further inject malware and virus into apps and devices where the important data is stored which can create a serious threat to the user’s safety.
- They can assess the rights to private assets and investment and can cause serious financial losses if the apps are not built securely.
- Consumer data is precious and important and there is a growing demand for it. Hackers are looking for weak apps that do not have strong security codes and try to hack them.
- If not encrypted perfectly, they can intercept data which is sensitive and important through the airwaves.
This is the reason why so much stress is laid to check the security measure for Android app development.
Further tips to secure and check Android app measures
The number of mobiles is on a rise and so will be the number of apps. This also means that the security measures have to be checked and done perfectly as it is a trend of getting a dependency on Apps. Though we have discussed all the right measure, we like to share further tips to make the Android apps more secure.
- Implementing a VPN to create a connection which is secure and can overcome cyber-attacks is a good way. it makes sure that the unsecured networks or network are not allowing hackers to listen over and is, of course, less vulnerable.
- Antivirus, anti-spam, and firewall can help the devices to get secure and clear form such threats. These software’s are highly recommended and is a must-have for any user.
- The devices which are “risk-aware” can capable of handling threats from the external source and avoid and block such issues.
Security measures for Android App development are very important as the breaching of users’ important data is not at all acceptable. With the increase of technology, cybercrime is also at a rise and so the app developers need to be careful.
The users install apps to bring ease to their life and it is the responsibility of the Android app developers to check all the security measures to make sure there are no lapses to the security of the users. The pointer above are very important and every app developer needs to check them to make sure that the measures are completely fulfilled.