Electronic media is the fastest media to connect to the wider audiences thus overcoming the shortcomings of Print media. This form of media heralded the concept of emails. The present article talks about one such mail, Roadrunner email. Let’s have a read at a detailed section devoted to it before proceeding with the other parameters of the Roadrunner mail.
- About Roadrunner email.
- The correct way to login to your Roadrunner email account.
- Most common issues along with troubleshooting steps while logging into Roadrunner mail account
- Benefits of Roadrunner email.
- Detailed procedure to setup Roadrunner email account using rr.com
- On Android
- On iPhone/iPad
- Manually set up your Roadrunner email.
- Share this:
- Like this:
About Roadrunner email.
A part of a US company namely Times Warner cable service, Roadrunner mail service was launched in the year 1996 in, Ohio. Its founders were Carl Rossetti, Jim Chiddix, Mario Vecchi and Tim Evard. It has been recorded to be an award-winning high-speed internet service catering to over 5.4 million users. Since the day of its launch the company has been adding new technology and features to its service which is probably the reason for its customers to be continually associated with the service along with the addition of many more in the list, you are automatically assigned an email account once you subscribe to the Roadrunner webmail. There are indisputably some extraordinary features about the mail services. These include an online address book, dynamic webmail capabilities, hi-tech security and message sorting that makes it a reliable and fast email service keeping its customers glued to it while attracting more potential customers all at the same time. The email service is also known for its reliability owing to the additional support they provide via the Roadrunner tech support phone number or the Roadrunner email tech support phone number provided on their website.
The correct way to login to your Roadrunner email account.
Follow the below given simple steps to log in to your Roadrunner email account.
- To login to your Roadrunner mail account, first of all, you need to sign into the page using the URL:”https://www.spectrum.net/login/”
- Now enter in your username and password for your master account linked with Spectrum and click on the “Sign in “button.
- Hereby this step, you will be able to access your mailbox by clicking on the envelope icon present at the top of the page.
Alternatively to locate the RR email login form, a user can follow the below-given steps.
- On the Url space, type:“https://webmail.spectrum.net/mail/auth”.
- Here enter your email address and password associated with the page and finally click on the “Sign in “button.
The third section here enlists the most common errors faced while logging into the Roadrunner email along with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.
Most common issues along with troubleshooting steps while logging into Roadrunner mail account
- Trouble connecting to the mail server.: This issue majorly results due to poor internet connection or with the settings of the system. In order to resolve the connection issue, ensure that you are receiving a steady and good internet connection. Also check for your system’s settings.
- The incorrect Roadrunner email settings: Secondly, ensure that you have put the correct email mail server settings information as provided below.
Imap: Use port 993
POP:Use port 995
For the SMTP settings: Use port 587
For Roadrunner email client settings: Use port1
- Make sure you are entering right email address and password: Entering the wrong password and user id is one of the most common reasons for the user-facing issues while RR email login. Also as a user make sure that while entering the case sensitive password your caps lock is turned off.
Coming to the fourth section. Here we will be quickly talking about the various benefits a Roadrunner user enjoys with the mail service. Let’s have a look.
Benefits of Roadrunner email.
- As a user, you can create seven separate email accounts.
- The old files will get deleted after the span of three days thus reducing any chance of unwanted burden of the trash in your mail.
- It has an inbuilt 5 GB storage capacity.
- As a user, you become capable of both receiving and sending messages with an attachment of 25 MB size.
- Users can store 500 contacts in your account. Well, that’s not a bad count!
Please make a note: To avail the above mention Roadrunner mail benefits, a user needs to get registered to the Roadrunner email and thereafter create their account on it.
This section talks about the correct ways to set up the RR email login account. Below is the detailed procedure on the same.
Detailed procedure to setup Roadrunner email account using rr.com
- As the first step, launch the Roadrunner app on your Android phone.
- Enter your Roadrunner email address and hit “Next”.
- Now select “POP3” and click on “Next”. Thereafter, put in your Roadrunner password and hit the “Next” button again.
- Put the following details under the Incoming server settings.
Username: Here carefully enter the correct email address
Password: Enter the password, again carefully!
Server: pop-server.maine.rr.com (for instance).However, the particular server name would vary according to your location, you can always contact the Roadrunner customer service to aid you with this.
Security type: None
Hit the “Next” option and enter the following details for the Outgoing server setting.
Server: smtp-server.maine.rr.com.(.However the server name could vary depending upon your location, contact the Roadrunner customer service to aid you with this).
Port: 587 (if the given number does not respond try typing 25 instead.)
Security type: None
Require sign-in: Check
Password: Enter your RR email login account password.
- Now click on “Next” and finish the process.
Roadrunner email not working on iPhone? Follow the below-enlisted steps to be able to easily set up your Roadrunner email on your iPhone mobile set.
- On the home screen of your iPhone and go to the “Settings” menu and open it.
- On the Settings screen that you see, select” Mail, Contacts, and Calendars” and proceed.
- Here select “Add Account” from the Accounts section present at the topmost part of the given screen.
- Now in this step, from the popular email hosts screen, select the “Other” option.
- Under the Mail option, select “Add Mail”.
- On the very next screen that appears, fill all the information asked of you such as:
Name: Your name for Roadrunner account on iPhone
Address: Your email address for the account
Password: Password for the email account
Description: This box will automatically be filled while setting up Roadrunner iPhone.
- Now select the “Next” option.
- After the above step, now your phone will start showing the status messages while the verification process is being carried on.
- Once the verification process would be finished the “Mail, Contacts and Calendar” screen with the email address will be listed under the “Accounts” option.
Alternatively, you can set your Roadrunner mail manually. Here’s how.
Manually set up your Roadrunner email.
- Begin by opening the Applications menu and hit click on “My Accounts”.
- Choose “Add Account”. Therefore provide your complete Roadrunner email address which should include”@_____.rr.com” domain name all should be in lowercase.
- Now enter your Roadrunner password. Also, uncheck the option stating automatically configure the account. Thereafter, hit the “Next” option.
- Hit click on “General Settings” and check whether the information provided in the General settings are correct or wrong. After making required changes in the settings, hit “OK” and exit the menu.
- Tap on the Incoming server and thereafter tap on the POP mail server.
- Enter the POP3 server as “pop-server.si.rr.com (here “si” implies to Staten Island.).Make sure you use a Secured server is unchecked.
- Here confirm whether certificate is unchecked or not.
- Enter Port as 25 or Port 587 if the former does not work and hit “OK”.
- Now tap on “Other Settings”.
- Now choose the length of time you wish to store messages on your phone. Thereafter, click “OK”
- As the last step, hit on “OK” to submit your email setup.
I hope the present write-up comes to your best use while setting up RR email login using rr.com login along with easy troubleshooting steps when faced with any issue while logging into the Roadrunner email.