QuickBooks is one such useful financial tool that allows managing the finances with ease. It is an accounting software using which you can track the income and expenses, import the bank transactions, track payments, sales, inventory, and other monetary information. If you have never heard about QuickBooks before, you can get in touch with the technician at QuickBooks Support Phone Number.
QuickBooks generally works great without any hiccups barring a few occasional glitches. The glitches in the software’s is not a new thing and every software experience that. You may have to contact Quickbooks customer support phone number to resolve some of those issues. Quickbooks also provides few tools to resolve the errors at hand that occurs due to a technical glitch or fault.
Talking about issues with QuickBooks, the multi-user issue generally arises when the QuickBooks software is not fulfilling the minimum requirements to run it properly in the multi-user mode.
There are certain specifications that must be met by your system to use the QuickBooks for multi-user. While deciding to select the multi-user mode in QuickBooks, you will get two different options:
- Purchase Multi-User License
- Add Multiple users in existing license
So you have to decide if you are going to use a proper server computer or you can use one of your office workstations. If setting up QuickBooks seems complex to you, you can take help from the technical executives at QuickBooks Customer Service.
You can configure QuickBooks for multi-user mode using any of the two ways as explained below:
- Launch QuickBooks, go to File, click Open or Restore Company and then open a company file.
- Select ‘Next’ and move to the ‘Open A Company’ option.
- Confirm the action ‘Open file in multi-user mode’.
- You can perform the same steps on all workstations.
You can also edit the QBWUSER.INI file to alter the MULTIUSERMODE value as described below:
- Go to the app data using this path: C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Intuit\(Your QuickBooks Desktop version).
- After locating, right-click on the INI file.
- Select ‘Notepad’ from the ‘Open with’ option.
- Open the search box by pressing CTRL + F.
- In the search field enter the term ‘MULTIUSERMODE’ and click ‘Find’.
- Change the MULTIUSERMODE value to Y.
- As the last step, save and close the file.
If the changes don’t get save and the value goes back to the original one once you close the file, follow these steps:
- Begin with right-clicking on the INI file.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Properties’.
- Go to the ‘General’ tab and mark the ‘Read Only’.
- Click on ‘Apply’ and then click ‘Save’.
This way you can easily fix the problem when QuickBooks will not open in the multi-user mode. If the error is still there, you can dial the QuickBooks Support Number and the experts will assist you in dealing with the issue by providing practical and effective solutions. You can contact the technical team anytime and from anywhere when you face issues with this financial software and the specialists will resolve the dilemma in minutes.