What is Hulu?
Hulu is a service which allows users to watch live TV. It is a premium service in its category which shows video content like Super hit TV shows and blockbuster lengthy movies. For access to Hulu’s content library you have to spend $7.99 per month, but if you are looking for advertisement free experience there will be an extra charge of $4 per month.
It also provides another feature for live TV and on demand content with over 50 plus channels depending on your location. It also provides 50 plus hours of DVR space. Hulu users can manage upto 6 individual profiles and can also stream 2 devices at once simultaneously.
There is a direct competition with Sling TV with Hulu’s Live TV, PlaystationVue, and other devices that offer live TV experience and cloud DVR features.
How to Resolve Playback Failures?
Once your Hulu stops working, you won’t be able to always get help from the error messages coming on screen. One of the most coming message is about the playback failure has occurred, whether it’s a Roku, Sling TV, or a Fire TV this message has the maximum occurrence on these devices. It also comes on smart televisions and consoles like PlayStation or Xbox.
There are lot of cases in which your will be provided with an error code that can help you fix your problem easily. If that does not happen, the only thing you will see is playback failure message. To fix that you will have to start with the basic settings like checking your router or internet connection and then go to another step.
The playback errors happens when the application which is on your device is not able to connect with Hulu servers, or it could be the problem from the server side of Hulu in providing their customers with the video stream.
One of the most common causes with playback errors is from your home network connection, device or software and that can be fixed with the instructions provided below.
There are other cases of playback errors which is caused on Hulu’s end. That means Hulu itself must be experiencing problem at their end when you see the playback error message.
This is the case where you need to just call Hulu and let them about the issue and then wait for them to fix it.
Below are some points which can help you in fixing Hulu Playback error by yourself:
- Firstly, please verify that your internet speed is good enough for streaming any video content.
- Videos may not buffer or play anything if the speed of your internet is too low.
- If you are watching a regular video if would require about 3-4Mbps.
- For a live TV streaming it requires 8Mbps speed.
2. Second option is to restart your Hulu device and router.
- Shutdown your device properly and unplug the wire of your device and router.
- Leave it unplugged for about 2 minutes.
- To see if the playback error persists plug your device in and check it.
3. If it is possible switch to connection with wire.
- Connect your device with your modem with an Ethernet cable.
- If the playback error gets fix then you can either relocate your wireless router little closer to the device or to stream you can use a wired connection.
Once you use these fixes check the settings on your router if it allows you to prioritise the traffic or devices, then set the router with the priority to the device you are trying to watch Hulu on. Sometime hulu error 5003 also reason for that you need to resolve it by above solution.
Even after trying with all these options, if you are still facing Hulu playback error please reset or delete Hulu app from your device. In some devices you also might get an option to check and test your internet speed.