The printer driver is the bridge between your PC and your printer that transfers directions to advise the printer how and what to print. There are numerous possible reasons why your HP printer driver may quit working or getting issues while installing. Indeed, it could be undermined or inconsistent, the settings may not be right or it may be missing updates. Fixing an HP printer driver issue can essentially be routed when you update, introduce or reinstall the driver. However, you can get help from HP’s official website whenever the issue emerges.
But before diving into the solution, let’s figure out the causes behind the installation errors.
Whether you’re utilizing HP device utilizing it after tidying up, first you have to introduce and refresh the best possible drivers. More often than not, drivers may get installed automatically by utilizing a USB or CD yet sometimes you have to download and install it physically. In any case, the HP printer won’t take too much effort to install the printer drivers. If the printer driver begins building a problem, you may not be able to print any type of documents or couldn’t use some features of a printer.
But every now and then, things become confounded when Windows began demonstrating error messages while introducing HP printer drivers. This occurs when local gadgets neglect to perceive the drivers. In this circumstance, here we have simple strategies to troubleshoot this situation.
Remove HP Smart Install from your device:
“HP Smart Install” which is especially a suite with different applications in it. It comes inbuilt in every HP Printer and it used to have multiple uses But, it is no longer supported by HP and thus uninstalling it can help you get rid of the installation issues. In order to disable it, follow the instructions:
- Open the Setup and then go to the “Service” in your printer
- Now, go to the HP Smart Install and deactivate this feature if activated.
Run Windows Troubleshooter
Windows 10 includes a troubleshooter tool which can be used to fix the technical hindrances. It can not only find the cause but also fix the issue. To make use of this tool, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Settings and then go to the Update and Security option
- Then go to the troubleshooter tab and Under the “Get up and running” option, select “Printer.” Now begin the troubleshooting by selecting it.
- The tool will thoroughly check for the issue and fix them to the maximum extent.
- If there is an issue, the tool will take time to resolve it.
Reconnecting the Printer will help:
Reconnecting is the most common approach for fixing the installation errors, but this trick works for many , so there is no harm in trying this simple solution. For this, you first need to remove the connected printer from your device and then establish the connection again. If USB port is causing the issue, replacing it can help.
Install the Printer using Windows Printer Driver:
For every Windows 10 based device, a set of general drivers is provided. But in case you need a different set of drivers, it is advisable to get it from the official website. However, if you want to use the default drivers to setup the printer, follow the steps:
- In the search bar of your Windows type Add a Printer and click on “Add a Printer” option
- You may also find this option in the settings, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
Install drivers from the official website:
As we all know the drivers are the main component for any printer device. Hence, to avoid any kind of issue in your device and printer try to update it regularly and setup your HP Printer manually. You can update it using the below given steps.
- First, go to the HP official website and open the Software and Driver Downloads page.
- Now pick the device type as “Laptop or Desktop”
- Next, Enter the model or a serial number by typing it in the specified field.
- Click the Submit button.
- You will get the list of matching products, choose your model number to continue
- Make sure the right operating system is selected, or simply change it by select your version
- Now select the category and start the Download process.
- After finishing, install the drivers with the on-screen instructions
By using the above steps you can easily update the drivers for any model of HP printer.