Brands are not created overnight- We all know this fact. It is through constant effort of businesses to keep appearing in front of the audiences to create unforgettable impressions that a business transforms into brand. It takes a lot to build it and only very little to break it. Well, that’s not we will be talking about in this blog post. We will be looking at some of the productive ways in which you can keep your business brand afresh in the minds of your customers.
Why Keep Your Brand Afresh?
Initially, when a business is set up, the owner invests considerable time and resources in implementing branding strategies. However, once a business transforms into brand, it might take its audience for granted. Here creeps in the danger of brand going stale. Not taking steps to keep your brand afresh is a Himalayan blunder.
- Here’s why keeping your brand afresh is that important:
- Businesses always keep evolving with new entrants. With new rivals entering the competition, it’s only going to get tougher to maintain your customer base. To maintain your stake in the market, it’s essential to keep your audience engaged and convinced about your business value
- To conform to the changing customer thought process as per the evolving trends
- To reflect a fresh, updated, and cutting-edge image of the business
- To adapt to the ever-changing trends in the marketplace
- To echo that a business is responsive to the changing market trends and behaviors
- To keep capturing the attention of customers by introducing novelties through changing logo design, slogan restructuring, etc.
If you must have observed, all the major brands such as Microsoft, Pepsi, LG, Nike, Samsung, Reebok, Lego, and even our Mark’s Facebook have undergone logo design changes. Time and again, the brand owners introduce changes even though they may be as minor as changing the font type.
Let’s take Mac Donald’s as an example. Umm, I am dying to reach the nearest Mac D to grab that cheesy burger. No, I am not promoting it – Do you really think Mac D needs it? No, because of the brand value it has created and maintained.)
Though it may not be actively promoting itself, Mac Donald’s has emerged and remained as one of the most popular fast food chains on the international level. Why? It’s because it has been introducing regular changes in the way it depicts itself to the world.
Take a look at the image below which reflects changes introduced by Mac Donald’s in its logo design over the years.
Image Credit: tribupedia.com
What I am trying to convey here is, constantly refreshing your brand image might not be the only popularity retaining factor but contributes a great deal in keeping your brand fresh on the market.
All you need to do is implement certain strategies to reverberate your existence in the minds of the customers. Now, how do you do it? There’s not one but several ways in which you can keep your brand name afresh and not waste the efforts you put initially to establish the brand.
Let’s look at some of them:
1.Keep Yourself Relevant with The Trends:
Keeping your business updated as per the latest market trends is the number one thing you need to do to make your brand stay fresh as a daisy. Keep researching the relevant industry trends and introduce changes accordingly. Let your offerings be fresh and in demand.
Major inputs can be received for this step through social media. Closely listen to what your customers are conveying you through their feedbacks, queries, and complaints. This will help you a great deal in consistently evolving.
How Can You Do This?
- Make relevant posts on social media
- Keep an eye on competitors to be aware of the trends they are following
- Follow key influencers and publications to know what’s in and what’s out
- Keep posting updated visual content on relevant platforms
- Study Google trends to remain alert about the next big thing in your industry
2. Keep Showing Up:
Do not go into hibernation mode. Be active and keep appearing to your audiences through advertisements, campaigns, radio shows, road shows, contests, etc. If there is any major sports event being organized in your city, make sure that you make your business a part of it through some way. This will keep your brand name fresh in people’s mind and keep your brand from going stale.
How Can You Do This?
- Share your enthusiasm about ongoing events in your country
- Post your business ad on billboards
- Ensure to highlight any changes that you make in your business logo or slogan
- Organize press conferences
- Be in the news for the right reasons
- Introduce offers, deals, and discounts
- Support environmental or non-profit causes
- Study the online trends to make relevant changes to your apps and website
3. Keep Communicating:
Constantly interacting with your customers is very important to remain anew. This is mainly to understand the changing or growing needs of the customers. Some of the industry trends may go unnoticed by you. However, it is your customer who can communicate his or her demands more clearly. Actively respond to comments and queries on social media. Ask product or service-related questions to your customers so that you can know more about their thoughts and ideas and implement relevant changes.
How Can You Do This?
- Send festive mailers
- Conduct surveys
- Send greetings on special days such as Earth day, Woman’s day, Mother’s Day, etc.
- Wish them through messages or ecards on their birthdays and anniversaries
- Remain in touch with frequent buyers through emails
- Schedule meetings with esteemed client base
4. Keep Changing:
Change is the essence of any environment; business not being an exception. You should keep introducing changes in your business. It can be from the way you function to the way you support your customers. It can be anything and of any size. However, the keyword here is change. Avoid introducing drastic changes but introduce them in parts to comprehend the response of the customer base.
You should also introduce internal changes in the organization to leave an impact on the outcomes your business generates.
How Can You Do This?
- Introduce a new way of responding to your customers
- Change logo design and slogan
- Incorporate additional elements into your vision or mission statement
- Open up a new channel of communication for customers as per the growing technology trends
- Introduce a new product or service
- Bring changes in features of existing products
Once your brand gets established on the market, it is also essential to keep the oiling the popularity machine. By keeping your business in sync with the changing business environment and implementing the right changes at the right time, you can maintain the authority on the market.
What changes do you think your business adopted to enhance its brand value? Please share your experiences in the comment section below.
About the Author
Ankit Patel is a Marketing/Project Manager at XongoLab Technologies LLP which is offering top-notch mobile apps development services globally. As a hobby, he loves to write about new & upcoming technology, business, and marketing. His write-ups have been published on popular platform like TechTarget, SmallBizDaily, JaxEnter, Social-Hire, TorqueMag, and more.