The printing technology is required in every walk of life, be it an educational organization, a corporate space or entertainment industry. Printing has led to the simplification of much of work. The origin of this technology dates back to 220AD, then known as “Woodblock Printing “ in China which then developed into the movable kind in 1040 by Bi Sheng, the invention of the printing press by Gutenberg in the 15th century brought the real revolution in the way printing started to be widely brought to use. Since then on there have been many up gradations in the technology with varying varieties according to user’s need ranging from personal, shared virtual and 3D printers. In the present write-up, we will be talking about the Hewlett Packard printers’ setup procedure via 123.hp.com/setup along with the easy to perform the installation process. But before getting to the procedural steps, let’s have a quick discussion about the HP printers.
- A quick brief about HP printers
A quick brief about HP printers
Hewlett Packard, an American printing brand was founded in 1984, has earned a reputed name in the printing market and has been there for long. Its huge demand is due to its competitive rates, plenty varieties varying from personal, shared, virtual and 3D models suiting the customer’s needs.
Stepwise procedure to set up an HP printer via 123.hp.com/setup
- Unpack the printer box: Begin by taking out the printer from the box and remove the tape and packing material from it. In case your printer is an all in one, remove the packing material from the scanner glass too. Make sure you remove the packing material from near the carriage and paper input tray.
- Connect the printer to a power source: Now connect your printing device to the power source and turn it on. Thereafter, set country, time, and region on the Control Panel.
- Install and align the ink cartridges: Now it’s time to install and align the ink cartridges. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, open the ink cartridge access door. You must wait patiently till the carriage is idle and silent before you proceed to the next step.
b.Now with a lot of caution remove the tape from the ink cartridges before inserting them in the carriage.
c.Here close the cartridge access door and follow the instructions given on the printer.
d.Now as the final step here, follow the instructions given on the alignment page to complete the ink cartridge alignment.
- Load paper into the input tray: Load the stack of plain white paper into the main input tray. Gently slide in the paper width guides until and unless they don’t rest against the edges of the paper.
- Download, install the software and connect your printer: To download, install and connect the printer on your pc, follow the below-given steps:
a. Visit the “Software and Driver Downloads”. Here enter your printer model if asked and confirm the OS version.
b. Now download the recommended printer software and driver.
c. Install the downloaded software.
d. As the last step, choose the connection type if prompted and thereafter carefully follow the onscreen instructions.
- Get your printer registered: The next step is to get your HP printer registered. It can be done with a professionals’ help or by visiting the official HP website.
- Sign for HP instant ink: As the last step, sign up for the HP instant ink from the HP official website. This would ensure an ink cartridge replacement service. By enrolling for HP instant ink you would not need to purchase the replacement ink cartridges.
Here’s the stepwise procedure to install the HP wireless printer on Windows
The second section here talks about the stepwise procedure to install the HP wireless printer on Windows. Take a careful note!
- Prep up for the printer connection: Turn on your printer router and computer.
Also, check for the basic information as the network name and password given below for your assistance:
Network name: SSID which is “Service Set Identifier”.
Network password: This may be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
Note: Ensure that the router and computer are turned on and also that the computer system is connected to the same wireless network to which you would want to connect the printer. Place the printer within the range of the router in the entire 123.hp.com/setup procedure.
- Connect to the wireless network: Set up a wireless connection to your printer following the steps below:
- Turn on the printer.
b.Click the Wireless icon from the printer’s Control Panel after which the Wireless Summary screen appears.
c.Click on “Settings” and touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
d.Now finally follow the instructions on the Control Panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.
- Download and install printer software: Complete the network connection setup by installing the HP software following the below-given steps:
- Visit 123.hp.com.
b.Enter your printer model number and click “Begin”.
c.Now click “Download” then “Open”,” Save” or “Run” in any windows that display to download the driver on your computer system.
d.Now to launch the driver installation double click the driver file in the browser downloads bar or alternatively in the “Downloads” folder on the computer.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup and driver installation procedure.
- As a final step, return to.hp.com page on your web browser to complete the printer registration and activation procedure.
Coming to the last section of this write up we have jotted down easy to perform steps to connect the HP wireless printer to Mac.
Here we have got for you a simple procedure to enable you to install a printer shared on your network.
- Before starting with the procedure, make sure your printer is shared.
- On Windows, right-click on the printer name and click on “Sharing” in order to get the option to share the printer.
- On Mac device, check the “Share this printer on the network” option present in the Print and Fax section.
- Now to find the printer on your network, click on “Add a Printer” wizard. Whereas on Windows, click on “Add a printer” in the Printers folder.
- Now click on “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” option present in the Add Printer wizard. Thereafter, follow the onscreen prompts.
An alternate way to add a shared printer:
- First of all, go to the networked computer in the Windows Explorer and right-click on your printer’s name. Thereafter select the option to add the printer for your computer system.
- On the Mac computer, add a new printer from the “Print and fax” section.
- Now hit click on “+” under the printer’s list that will bring up a window showing the available network printers.
- Now choose the printer from the list and click on “Add” and follow the rest of the wizard in order to install the printer.
That’s how you can seek the professionals’ assistance
We have tried our best to help you with connecting your HP printer via 123 hp com setup to Mac computer both by using USB cable and also without it. However, if you still find any trouble performing the same, it’s best to seek professionals’ aid. You can do so by making use of the HP Support Assistant option in your HP system or reach out to their professionals through the contact details mentioned on their official website.
I hope the write-up aids the user in setting up and installing the HP printer with the help of 123.hp.com/setup.
Keep reading this space to stay updated on more such tech related write-ups.