PDF is a user-friendly, printable, downloadable file format that works across all systems, leading to their popularity. To secure PDF files, the best way is to restrict your file by using a password. Also sometimes it becomes necessary to unlock PDF files and remove all the restrictions from the PDF file.
Therefore, this guide will give you answers to all the queries related to PDF. Some of them are listed below:
- How to password protect a pdf?
- How to remove password from pdf file?
- Which is the best pdf restriction remover online?
How to password protect a pdf?
When you password protect a PDF, you are in full control to add any type of security to it. And then, you are the puppet master of that document and you decide who gets permission to view, manipulate and edit your work. There are several steps to password protect a PDF. In this guide, we will walk you through each of the methods, step-by-step. Follows these prescribed steps proper to avoid data loss:
1. Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat.
2. Choose File > Protect Using Password. Also, you can go with Tools > Protect > Protect Using Password.
3. Select if you to want to set the password for viewing or editing the PDF.
4. Type and retype your password.
5.Click Apply. Acrobat displays a confirmation message that the file was successfully protected using a password.
How to remove password from PDF file?
Here in this article, we offer two effective methods to remove password protection from PDF file in case you find it locked and upon double-clicking it is asking password to open it.
Method 1. Remove password from PDF using an online pdf unlock service.
It is very effective and quick to use certain online services that provide a platform to unlock your PDF file passwords in few steps. Here in this section, we are going to use websites that provide an online interface to modify, add a password, remove password, etc from the PDF file.
- Go to any browser type “unlock pdf file”. Choose any of the online platforms.
- Once the website opens, look out for the section named “Unlock PDF”.
- Click on the “Unlock PDF” button and you will be directed to another page where you can actually unlock the PDF file.
Limitations of using manual methods.
- The process is time taking.
- There is a chance of data loss.
- When a user wants to go with manual steps then he/she must have a basic knowledge of online platforms. Therefore, technical expertise is required.
- Users can remove the password of only one single at one point in time.
Method 2. Remove PDF Password using Professional software.
In the above-mentioned methods, user need to have some technical knowledge, otherwise, he/she may lose the data. And you are searching for a free pdf password remover. In such a case, using a third-party tool is a better option. As it overcomes all the limitations of manual approaches and removes passwords from pdf files in one go.
This guide describes all about PDF files’ security includes unlock pdf, password protect a pdf, PDF restrictions. Also, there are manual methods given to solve any type of query related to How to password protect a PDF, How to remove the password from the PDF file. I hope you will find this article informative. Thanks for reading.