Individuals who have availed credit cards should keep a regular check on their balance. There are two different ways in which an individual can use their smartphone to check their credit card balance. One is through the internet; another is through voice call services. The methods are elaborately discussed below.
How to check credit card balance through
A smartphone and functional internet connectivity is all you need to check your card balance. You can use a web browser or by downloading your credit card company’s app if available. Most leading lenders offer mobile apps to help you meet such requirements –
- Download the mobile application of your credit card providing company. You can get it from your respective app store.
- If you already have an account, log into it. In case you do not already have an account, you will have to create one. For this, you will be needed to make a username and password of your choice. Make sure they are unique. It eliminates the chances of hacking.
- Once you have created an account, log into the same by providing your username and password.
- Once you are logged in, click on the option to view balances and statements. You can also take a printout of your statement as well.
- The procedure is the same for both unsecured cards and credit cards against FD as well.
Voice call services:
You can also use voice call services on your phone to check your credit card balance. However, you will need to follow these steps –
- Call the customer services number mentioned at the back of your credit card.
- Once your call connects, you will have to navigate through an automated voice-operated process. You will have to input the details of your credit card and account.
- Once you complete the verification process, you will be connected to a company representative. You can ask them about all your queries regarding your credit card against FD or regular credit cards.
These are the two basic ways in which you can check your credit card balance using your mobile phone. Refrain from sharing your CVV number with anyone.
Learning how to check credit card balance helps in the following ways –
- Keeps spending in control: Checking balance helps you to know your limits and spend accordingly.
- Check on fraudulent activities: With the increase in cyber-crime rates, every individual must keep a regular check on their statements and balances.
- Know your limits: It helps to avoid scenarios where you are planning to make a purchase, but are not sure whether you have enough balance.
- Improving credit rating: If you can keep your spending within 30% of your credit limit, you can improve your credit score.
A good credit score is vital to establish a person’s creditworthiness. Lending institutions use it as an evaluation parameter to judge their loan applicants. A CIBIL score above 750 is the minimum requirement while approving any unsecured loan. Therefore, learning how to improve credit score using a credit card can benefit you in the future.
Benefits of having a good credit score
It is an established fact that you can improve your credit score by learning how to check credit card balance. In case you encounter the need to avail an unsecured loan in the future, having a good credit score will deliver the following benefits –
- Higher credit limit: Having a higher CIBIL score will ensure you get a credit card with a high-value limit. Learning about tips to increase your credit card limit will help you a lot in this regard. Your CIBIL score shares a direct relationship with your approved credit limit.
- Quick approval: As mentioned before, financial institutions look for a minimum CIBIL score of 750 and above. Having a score above the suggested threshold will lead to quick approval of your loan application.
Reputed lenders like Bajaj Finserv provide pre-approved offers on their credit cards. These offers are also available on all major financial products like home loans, business loans, personal loans, etc. These offers make the process of availing loans quick and highly convenient. You can check your pre-approved offer by providing your name and phone number.
- Lower interest rates: With a high credit score, you can secure lower interest rates on your loans. There is an inverse relationship between the two. Securing a low-interest loan can provide you with increased savings.
You can avail a Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. It provides with annual savings of Rs. 55,000 on purchases and usage. It also provides interest-free cash withdrawal for up to 50 days along with high reward points.