The phone number you’ve added to your Google account is used for different purposes. And one of these purposes is to provide as an option to recover your email account if you ever get locked out of your account. The phone number especially comes handy when you have to recover your account and don’t have and alternate recovery method. Your phone number may change from time to time, which means that you have to update that in the accounts you’ve used in.
What is Gmail phone number –
Gmail phone number is used to reset and recover the contents of your Google account. It is very important to have a phone number associated with your Gmail account.
With the guide provided below, you can change your phone number in Desktop and Mobile devices. Today in this article we are going to look at how you can change the phone number on any Google account.
How can I change my Gmail phone number?
First, we will look at the steps to change the phone number on a computer and then for a mobile device.
For a computer:
- Open your default web browser and click to open Gmail.
- Now, you have to click on your image located in the top right corner, log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Click on the Google Account option from the pop-up menu.
- And then select the Personal Info from the next page.
- Then you need to scroll to the Contact Info and click on Phone option.
- Now, you need to click on the edit button right next to the phone number from the newly opened page.
- They’ll ask you to confirm your password to change the phone number on Gmail, enter the password and then click the Next button.
- Again click on edit button and enter the new phone number and then click on Select to continue with the process.
Your phone number will be changed to whatever you’ve entered in the update box. If you are having trouble with changing your phone number, you could contact the Google support team to get the solutions.
On Mobile Devices:
Now, let’s look at how can you change your Gmail phone number on mobile devices. Here are the steps:
- Open the Gmail app and then log in to your account if you haven’t already.
- Then you need to tap on the menu button from the top left corner and click on Settings from the bottom.
- Tap on your email address from the settings menu.
- Where you’ll need to select ‘Manage My Google Account’.
- Now tap on the Personal Info tab and then choose Phone option from there.
- Now, you need to tap on the edit button located right next to the phone number.
- Verify your account with your password and then click on Next button.
- Now, tap again on the edit button and enter the new phone number you want in the Update Number link.
- Lastly, tap on Select and your phone number is updated in Gmail.
This procedure is the same for the android and iOS devices. So, you can change your Gmail phone number in android and iOS devices with ease.