The Internet plays a great role in our lives. It is the time that people are ready to sacrifice their food but not the internet connection. People cannot live without the internet because of the benefits it provides. One can easily communicate with the other person over the social media apps at a negligible cost. Various applications have started providing the free calling facility over the internet.
The Internet has made our life very easy because of the facilities that are provided over the internet like communication, ticket booking, shopping, etc. You can get your mobile no. recharged to get the mobile internet plan, but if you want to have a fast and consistent speed at a place then you must install a Wi-Fi at your home, office or any other place. Wi-Fi provides a faster speed as compared to the mobile internet. You can connect several devices with Wi-Fi like a laptop, mobile phones, computers, etc., and the speed doesn’t fall short. The feature of a greater number of devices being connected to Wi-Fi makes it economical. Wi-Fi is very helpful in the offices where you require an internet connection on every computer. But the slow speed of the Wi-Fi can make the calmest person angry.
Various factors are out of your control and make the Wi-Fi speed slow. You can check the speed of your connection by installing an application; several applications are available on the play store which you can install and check the speed of the internet. You can upgrade your existing plan to get a faster speed but if you already upgraded your plan then you can do the following things to speed up your Wi-Fi.
- Select a good place for the router, from where the signal of the Wi-Fi is good at all the places. Try to keep the router in the center of your area to provide a signal at all places. Avoid keeping the Wi-Fi router near the metal objects or the electronic items like refrigerators, televisions, telephones, etc. as they disrupt the Wi-Fi signal.
- Another way to increase the speed of your Wi-Fi is to install a stronger antenna. Wi-Fi routers come with small and weak antennas and you can replace them with the bigger and stronger ones. If you replace the antenna then there is no need to install a new router to get more speed.
- One of the ways is to get Wi-Fi boosters or extenders. These help in taking the existing signal from the Wi-Fi router and rebroadcast it into a new network and this new network is the extension of the original network. These help in providing more network strength to the areas where the signal is weak. You can use a heat mapping tool that will help you in analyzing the areas where network lacks and you can install the extenders at those places. Mywifiext is a wireless Wi-Fi extender.
- Wi-Fi router broadcasts on different channels. Most of the Wi-Fi routers are set on the default channel which can lead to traffic and slows down the speed of the internet. You can go to the settings of your router and log in to your account. In the wireless settings select channel and you can change the channel and then save the changed settings. Always try to select the least crowded channel to get the maximum speed.
- Avoid the malware attacks by updating your router. By updating the router, the speed of the internet gets improved. You can update your router after routerlogin and then select the option of router update or firmware update.
You can follow the above-mentioned tips on your own to get an enhanced speed on your Wi-Fi.