As we have embarked our journey the technological evolution in this era, connecting your computer has become easier than ever. But it seems as though the complexity, number, colors, and sizes of all wires can confuse the users. Even when you thought that you’ve got all this figured out, it takes a lot more than that. In this digital age printer come in two formats; wired and wireless. If you are looking to connect your printer to your computer, we’ll walk you through the process.
Let’s get started
Make sure that you have your printer ready to connect to the computer with all parts and cables unboxed nicely. You just need to connect the power cable to the wall outlet and then click on the power button to turn it on. If you aren’t able to connect your printer to the computer, contact HP customer support number for extensive help from the experienced and talented professionals.
Let’s look at how you can connect your printer to the computer with a USB cable.
Connect your printer with the USB cable
The USB cable is one of the handiest tools that let you connect your printer directly to the computer or laptop. Your computer should notify you when something is connected to your system, it all depends on your operating system.
Here are the steps you need to take to properly configure your printer on windows devices.
- Open windows settings by typing settings on the search bar.
- Then open devices and printers from the settings window.
- Now, you need to click on the printers and scanners option and click on ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ option.
- Once you’ve clicked that option, windows will automatically detect the USB cable plugged into your computer and try to install basic drivers for the printer.
- When the printers name pops up, try to complete the basic installation steps to make sure that your printer is connected to the computer.
That’s all, your printer is nor connected to the computer and you can start using it to print your important documents. If you are not getting the steps, please contact the support number for extensive help.
Connect your printer via a wireless network
Connecting the printer through wireless mode is as easy as with wired connection. Follow these simple steps to install the printer on your computer or laptop.
- Connect the printer to your local network with the help of the LCD panel provided on the printer.
- Once you’ve connected to the local network with your printer, you’re all set to print your documents.
- Now, you need to locate the printer from the device and printers in Windows settings.
- Click on the add printer there and the window will automatically register the printer and install a driver for the printer.
- Once your printer is configured, you can print any of your documents with ease.
If you still have trouble in connecting your printer to the computer, you should contact the HP customer care number. The trained and professional customer care executive there will provide you the best solution and step by step guide.