If you enabled 1 WiFi Name feature, then you cannot change the WiFi network settings from the Netgear extender web interface. You must log in to your networking router to change the WiFi network settings.
And if you didn’t enable 1 WiFi name feature, then you can change the Netgear extender’s WiFi settings from mywifiext Netgear login (web interface) page.
To change the Netgear extender’s WiFi settings:
- Plug your Netgear range extender into a wall socket near to the existing WiFi router.
- Pull up an internet browser from a computer, laptop or mobile device that is connected to your range extender’s WiFi network.
- Log in to your Netgear extender’s web interface.
- In case, you didn’t enable the 1 WiFi name feature, enter mywifiext net into the address field of the internet browser.
And, if you enabled the 1 WiFi name feature, then enter 1 of the below-mentioned URLs:
- For windows-based PC use mywifiext.
- For Mac computers and Apple or iOS devices use mywifiext local.
- For Android devices use 192.168.1.3 (default extender’s IP address).
A mywifiext setup and login page displays.
- Enter your admin name and password (passcode or passphrase) and after that, click on the Log In button.
- Now, the Status page will be displayed.
- Select the “Settings” and then the “Wireless” option.
- Afterward, when the Wireless page displays – enter a new, unique, and strong network name in the SSID field and change the name of your existing WiFi network.
- Enter a new password or network key in the Password field and change your WiFi password as well.
- Click on the “SAVE” button and save your settings.
Congrats! Your settings are saved successfully.
To change the wireless settings of your WiFi mesh extender, you must log in to your WiFi mesh extender. And if you don’t know the process, follow the steps below.
To log into your Nighthawk WiFi mesh extender:
- Connect your device (computer or laptop) to the range extender and launch a web browser into it. You can connect your computer or laptop to the range extender either via Ethernet cable or via default WiFi network, Netgear_Ext.
Note: Your existing WiFi router and the Netgear WiFi range extender may have different SSIDs (WiFi network names). Please verify that you are on;y connected to your WIFi mesh extender’s network.
- Type www mywifiext net into the address bar, not into the search bar of your web browser in case, you did not enable the One (1) WiFi name feature.
Moreover, if you have enabled the One (1) WiFi name feature, then use one of the following URL:
- Mywifiext for a windows-based computer.
- Mywifiextnet local for Apple devices or Mac computers.
- Use Netgear extender default IP address for Android devices.
- Once done, hit Enter.
- Enter your admin user name and password. Into the required fields of the login page of your WiFi range extender.
- Once done, click on Log In.
- Now, click on the “Menu” icon on the “Status” page of your Netgear extender.
- Finally, select “Settings” on the “Status” page to view and adjust the settings of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Facing issues in changing the network name and password of your Netgear WiFi range extender? The web address mywifiext not working? Extender connected but no internet? If you are facing any of these issues, then, feel free to contact us on toll-free number 1-855-844-0144.