Plumbing is the most important thing when it comes to house maintenance. Some of you might not take the plumbing seriously. But if you don’t then it is going to cost you much and you are going to be fed up with these small interruptions in your daily activities.
There are various issues involved in plumbing like blocked drains, dripping faucets, slow draining sink, clogged bath or shower drain, clogged toilet, running toilet, faulty water heater, low water pressure, jammed garbage disposal etc.
But what will you do in an emergency?
You must be looking for the best plumbers in Canberra to refrain from the small issues of your home. But in an emergency, you will rarely find the plumbers near to you. In an emergency, you can call the Oxy plumbing services for the fastest service.
Here in this article, we are going to review some different maintenance tips that you should know about commercial plumbing.
Table of content
Identify the leaks
Check water pressure
Prevent frozen pipes
List of maintenance tips that you must know about commercial plumbing
Identify the Leaks
Leakage is the most prominent issue. If your kitchen or shower faucets are dripping, then you need to understand that the problem can be very serious. If you do not consider this then get ready to pay a big bill and also this can waste a thousand gallons of water.
Hence, to resolve this, you need to close the water connection first and identify the cause most often the issue is in o-ring or a washer. It is possible that there is something broken in the faucet itself if it is then you can call an expert or professional to solve this issue.
Check Water Pressure
The building water pressure should not be higher than 80psi and not lower than 40psi. In multiple-story buildings, higher water pressure is often found on the lower levels while lower water pressure can be found at the higher levels.
Water pressure that is too low may cause resident complaints, while water pressure that is too high can damage your pipes.
For that consider few factors below:
- Test your water pressure regularly. The solution to this problem is that you can replace it with an existing water pressure regulator.
- You can use Quarter Turn Ball (Shutoff) Valves. This type of valve can be found at any hardware store and a great thing about the valve is that it doesn’t have any rubber seals that break down over time.
- Always choose the steel braided supply lines.
Drains are one of the most important plumbing components in the home. Without drains, water cannot go anywhere and it blocks your toilets, sinks, showers, washing machines, and water heaters.
That’s why a blocked drain has a great impact on your daily routine. The maintenance of drain regularly can save you from various problems before they occur. You can maintain your drains from grease to hair to soap and food waste and protect them from clogging. For a good working order and to keep your drains clean, you can use some special formulas like:
- Liquefy and disperse grease, soap scum, food residue, and waste build-up
- Clean and deodorize drain lines, vent lines and grease traps
- Minimize the need for extensive drain repairs
- Use the 100% biodegradable pipes that would not harm your pipes or the environment because it is non-acidic, non-caustic, non-corrosive and safe to use on any kind of pipe or drain.
If the water pressure is not maintained, there is a risk that water can flow backwards into the water system and become contaminated. Backflow testing monitors the health and safety mechanisms designed to protect water purity.
Backflow prevention device keeps the dirt out from pools, storm drains and other external water sources from flowing backwards into clean, uncontaminated water to your home.
The most common types of backflow prevention devices are air gaps, which is a space in your water storage area that connects to your plumbing system and a check valve, which prevents water from flowing backwards into your home by only allowing water to flow in one direction.
Prevent Frozen Pipes
When the temperature falls, there is a risk that your pipes will freeze and they can easily burst. The burst pipes are one of the most common reasons for property damage during cold weather and can cause money loss easily of $5,000 or more, according to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety.
There are many sinks in the home like in the kitchen, bathroom, living area etc. Most of the clogging problems are found in sinks so do inspect your sinks first as there can be lots of blockage in it. There are various drains for sinks, showers, tubs, etc. Each has a different fitting and works differently.
Let’s see how to remove the blockage issue of the sinks.
- The kitchen sinks drain the water very slowly as it has a different fitting. If you are unable to understand the fitting of the kitchen then you can call the bio clean to clear out the clogs or you can use the strainer to collect the left-out at one place.
- Bathroom sinks are prone to hair clog and soap build-up. Wait for a few minutes and let the bathroom water drain out and disassemble the drain traps and clear the clogs. This will prevent the full blockage and save your money.
To avoid a stoppage of water in the kitchen and bathroom, you can buy the sink strainer. This will clear the gunk or hair from both the sections to wash down the drain and avoid blockage.
Above we have discussed the checklist of maintenance that you should know in commercial plumbing and the best ways to prevent any plumbing problems. Canberra plumbing services are better than other parts of the country.
Always keep in mind to maintain the system regularly and take the help of a plumbing expert if you are not able to understand the problem properly.
We would love to hear your queries. Feel free to ask in the comment section below.
Thank you for reading!!