In today’s scenario, people are using multiple devices for internet surfing. As a business, you must serve everyone equally across all the platforms. That’s why the websites that you are creating to market your business must perform well across all the different screen sizes. This introduces the requirement of responsive websites. Though the majority of themes across all the platforms are responsive, yet they are fit for specific screen resolutions.
During the responsive web designing, developers design websites that automatically adapt to the screen resolution and fit the size. It doesn’t involve optimization and testing for different screen sizes, rather a single layout that fulfills demand across the devices. Whenever a visitor comes to the website, the request of HTML and CSS is sent to the server about the device trying to fetch the data; the returning signal displays the website fit to screen.
How is Bootstrap development helpful in designing responsive websites?
With the market share of 27% in frequently used frameworks for website development, Bootstrap is the known market leader. The below-listed features of Bootstrap make it the choice among developers to design responsive websites:
- Robust grid system: Bootstrap has the in-built features of a 12-column fluid flex box-based grid, which helps the server in managing and displaying content as per the screen resolution of the device. The content that’s viewed as per the flex display property over the grid is fully customizable and scale itself as per the screen size. As per the grid system, Bootstrap made the visual breakpoints to differentiate the devices. Viewport width is considered as a factor in such a case, and divisions are extra small (xs) for mobile devices, small (sm) for smartphones, medium (md) for tablets, large (lg) for desktops and laptops and extra-large(xl) for desktops.
- Mobile-first approach: These days, 60% of the traffic on the websites is coming from mobile devices. Mobile-responsiveness of the website is considered as one of the major factors for the ranking of the websites in SERPs. Bootstrap is the framework designed exclusively with the mobile-first approach. With this approach, the websites are initially designed for small screen sizes. Further, they are improvised for larger screens. The notion of progressive web development helps in offering the flawless experience to your users.
- Reduced complexity: Bootstrap minimizes the complexity by reducing the line of codes. It aims to get the job done by saying less and doing more. Also, Bootstrap allows the reuse of the same code across different sections of the website. This further makes it easier for bootstrap developers to accomplish task completion.
- Maintain consistency: Web development is not a single-handed process. That’s for sure that there is a team working on the project. Bootstrap aims at the creation of a centralized development code that could maintain uniformity and sync between bootstrap developers, designers as well as testers. So, even if the different sections of the website are assigned to different teams or developers, uniformity could be maintained across an organization, devices, platforms as well as browsers.
- Customize to personalize: The Bootstrap customize page helps you to add or remove different components from your website as per the project requirements. From pre-designed templates to themes, everything could be customized to add a personal touch to your website. Such a feature is value-adding, especially when you are deploying Photoshop documented layout (PSD) to Bootstrap conversion for web development. This eases the web designing as per the custom layout required by the client.
- Compatibility and adaptability: The Bootstrap framework is designed in a manner that can help you optimize your existing website as well as the newly developed version. If you have an existing website of yours, developers don’t have to code again; rather, they can make changes in the current code itself. Bootstrap can be easily integrated with other platforms and frameworks without any trouble. Bootstrap community comes with the latest versions and updates that make it compatible with most of the advanced technologies. The newest version of Bootstrap is V4.0.0, which came up in Jan 2018.
In addition to everything mentioned above, Bootstrap doesn’t want you to reinvent everything, every time. Leveraging the benefit of existing features and components, you can make the most with the Bootstrap development. To get your existing websites responsive, you can reach to the Bootstrap developers to improve your web performance.