Plywood is a piece of the flat sheet produced by bonding wood veneers together by means of adhesives. It is extremely versatile with regard to its applicability, both interior and external.
Structure and Texture
Every sheet is constituted of 3 plies, each of which is alternatively grained with cheaper wood such as spruce and pine; at right angles.
According to a specific mobile application, plywood is broadly grouped as below:
- Exterior Plywood
- Interior Plywood
- Structural Plywood
- Marine Plywood
There are various uses of plywood when it comes to construction; let’s understand them:
- Making containers for transport types of equipment
- Loading platforms in construction industries
- The flooring of trucks, trailers, and wagons in the transport industry
- Supporting concrete for curing
- Making furniture such as tables, chairs, beds, sofas, etc.
- Panelling and modular kitchen
- Endures regular wear and tear
- Resistant to fire, moisture, water, insulation, and other external impacts.
- Impact resistance; accommodating short-term overload equivalent to two times the designed load
- It is particularly beneficial for use at earthquake-prone or cyclone-prone areas.
- Graded as N, A, B, C, D on the basis of strength, discoloration, moisture-resistance, and surface defects The D grade has a few surface defects, whereas the N grade has a minimum of them.
- A balanced distribution of loads from the area of impact over a larger area on the opposite face, thus reducing the tensile stress
- It is lightweight
- It is an extremely durable wood product. Its strength is uniform along grains, regardless of direction. The use of quality veneers and adhesives makes it resist sharp blows and other mechanical forces in-service abuse.
- Anti-twisting and warping
- As its structure is cross-layered, it does not spit easily.
- Rustic appearance
Benefits are obvious when plywood is used a lot in the construction industry, which are as listed below:
- Inherent benefits of wood with added properties of the laminated structure
- Temperature and moisture remain stable at the surface of the sheet. Thus, it is beneficial for use in formwork construction and flooring work that are exposed to moisture.
- Cost-effectiveness because of stiffness to weight ratios and high strength. Thus, it is effectively used in formwork, shear- walls, flooring, and webbed beams
- Due to its non-corrosive property, plywood can be used in cooling towers and chemical works.
- Panel Shear is twice that of solid timber because of its cross- laminated structure. It can therefore, be effectively used in portal frames, gussets, bracing panels, and webs of fabricated beams.
- Available in larger sizes and customized dimensions of length, breadth, and thickness. It covers a larger square area, thus leaves no gaps. This affords a great advantage in crafting furniture and using for other commercial applications.
- It is great for curved surfaces. Edges made of solid wood may be uneven or rough. But, the ones made of plywood are the smoothest.
- Plywood is the most eco-friendly engineered product. A workable plywood sheet requires lesser content of wood as compared to solid wood products. Consequently, there is more conservation of timber and trees.
We, at the Bunker, are recognized as suppliers of form ply Brisbane of the following sizes
- 2400 x 1200 x 12mm thickness
- 2440 x 1220x 17mm thickness
Structural F17 Form Ply
- 1800 x 1220x 72mm thickness
- 2400 x 1200 x 17mm thickness
With the benefits as mentioned above, plywood Brisbane offers the best value for your money. Unlike in solid wood, the wastage in the usage of plywood is the minimum. This means; you can use every square inch of a sheet. Prices of plywood are lower than those of solid wood, and you save significantly on transportation too.