The concept of artificial intelligence can be associated with the branches of computing, but the real concept is the science that studies the creation of programs with the aim of reaching the same or better efficiency of man. Its definition is more compared to robots; however this is only a component of this area. This wonderful wisdom aims to build algorithms capable of solving problems that humans solve daily. Artificial intelligence is a program of access to information technology of the future which simulates characteristics of the human being, such as reasoning and automatic learning. Currently, many of these systems are in operation.
Types of Artificial Intelligence
There are endless theories about the types of artificial intelligence, however, the theory of Russell and Norvig about the different types of artificial intelligence are based on systems that are developed according to a unique feature, let’s see what these are.
- Systems that think rationally: these are systems that basically try to imitate the logical system of the human being. In a few words, they try to make a decision based on logic. At present, there are systems that apply this theory and are known as expert systems;
- Systems that act rationally: the main idea of this system is to emulate the human behaviour based on the previous system, also, it is related to the incredible intelligent behaviours and artefacts, on this occasion they act;
- Systems that think like humans: The main function of this system is to imitate the human mind in general, that is, to emulate our characteristics such as: decision making, problem solving, learning and knowledge acquisition;
- Systems that act like humans: unlike the previous, this system tries to act like humans; in fact, they specialize in emulating human behaviour. The ultimate goal is to create machines capable of performing activities that humans can do
In addition, currently we will talk about other 4 types of artificial intelligence, also known as branches of artificial intelligence and these are:
- Reactive machines
- Machines with limited memory
- Machines with mental theory
- Machines with own conscience.
A reactive machine or robot is one that does not see the world beyond things. It is a robot that focuses exclusively on performing some specific Buy Assignment tasks. Its behaviour is the same every time, today there are many types of reactive machines. On the other hand, it can be assured that this type of artificial intelligence system is reliable. Clear examples for this artificial intelligence model areAlphaGo created by Google and Deep Blue, created by IBM.
Machines with limited memory
The smart cars are a key example to understand these types of IA. Unfortunately, these machines have a limited memory; therefore, they do not have a learning library. As it has a limited memory, when compared to the humans behind the wheel, the experience is not the same, it is a deficiency that will surely improve soon. In other words, the car has a computer, this is responsible for the location of traffic lights, traffic signals and the curves of a road or road.
Machines with mental theory
The theory of the mind is to differentiate and understand the mental states of other subjects. In other words, it is the ability to be aware of the point of view that I have and the point of view of the other. According to Professor ArendHintze, assistant in Computer Science. The characteristic of the theory of the mind is what differentiates the robots and intelligent machines that currently exist. Therefore, if in the future, the new robots have a theory of mind; it is likely that they also have artificial emotions. Currently there are several types of information objects that help these models.
This is the last step of artificial intelligence systems. The goal is that the robot can have a representation of who it is. The goal here is that a machine can be created with its own conscience. We human beings can identify pain, happiness and endless emotions. This is precisely because we ourselves have experienced them, however, these machines apply systems that think rationally, but cannot feel these emotions.
Unfortunately, today, according to Professor Hintze, we are still far from creating an artificial science with its own conscience and that identifies emotions as we do. In fact, he thinks, researchers should focus on issues such as memory and consciousness itself.
Dangers of artificial intelligence
When we speak indirectly, we refer to the fact that Artificial Intelligence can be used by inadequate individuals. And in this way cause a lot of damage to the human species. They can develop techniques that cause great havoc to various financial sectors. On the other hand, businessmen like Elon Musk, the late scientist Stephen Hawking, believe that if Artificial Intelligence is not used correctly, it will end the existence of human beings.