Today, the mobile app development industry is on new heights and there is no end in sight. As a result, the developers working in app development have also increased unprecedentedly. If we see the marketplace today, it is easy to witness an app for every task. Such as app for banking, an app for social networking, an app for food ordering, an app for traffic updates, an app for online shopping, and more. Hybrid monetization models, such as in-app ads and in-app purchases are also gaining popularity in this domain, and this trend is set to become a key driver for mobile app marketing. And undoubtedly, this trend is gaining a lot of traction from marketers.
Therefore, the demand for web and mobile professionals have created an evolution that’s taking place across all the industries. Employers from different industries, contemporary or emerging, are now focusing on finding talent experienced in mobile & web development.
So this hiring spree has also created numerous opportunities for the new talents who want to make a mark in this industry for a stand-out career.
Now, it is time to get down to put some pointers on why should someone aspiring to be a part of the mobile and web industry—
- The communication world has been rocked by Android and iPhones. So the applications and innovation related to these platforms are highly popular and high in demand.
- Since the last decade, the mobile industry has witnessed new dynamic apps, gadgets, and other technologies for millions of users worldwide.
- The scope of learning in this technology is never-ending, so the aspiring developers can learn technologies and procedures to add to their skill set.
- There is no saturation point in this sector, as there is so much to implement.
- Technology like mobility is not restricted to some age group, as it is liked by everyone. So you will get the opportunity to work for every age group.
Well, these facts suffice for anyone for aspiring developers to try his/her luck in the mobile & web development industry. But the number game has always a unique feel when it comes to grab someone’s attention—
- The total number of Smartphone subscribers is growing at over 20% with the growth in the countries namely as-China, India, Brazil, and Indonesia. India and China have amassed about 1800 million subscribers.
- An average smartphone user in the country has 17 apps, but this no can be close to the global average of 25.
- Today, there are about 1 million Android apps published in Google Play Store
- The total number of internet users is growing at 10 percent year-on-year. The fastest-growing market is in India, Indonesia, and Nigeria. The global mobile traffic accounts for one-fourth of the total internet traffic
Now, it is time to name the careers which will get benefited the most through this industry—
- Mobile application developers
- Mobile architects
- Web developers
- Mobile application designers
- Mobile application testers
- Web app developers
- Website developers
The Bottom Line: Now, only time will tell how the mobile app market will flourish. But the market trends are clearly suggesting that the growth will go upwards at a higher rate. So, it is quite clear that the much-discussed mobile app revolution is just beginning.